Tuesday, December 29, 2009

[The Phancy Shoe.Bag]




I've been wanting to make shoe bags for my bridesmaids so they can put their phancy shoes in there when they're wearing their flip flops.

I was going to make a simple, unlined drawstring bag, but then I came upon Happything's blog. So I decided at 11pm last night to start making it :)

I had bought burnt orange fabric for the outside and a leaf motif lining for the pop of pattern. I love how it turned out! I'm planning to screenprint/embroider/paint/iron-on an image or their names onto the front. (I'm obviously still undecided on technique.)










Details:
- Dimensions: 9.25' x 14.75'
- original cut of outside fabric = 10' x 32'
- original cut of lining = 10' x 14.5' (2 pieces)

- Burnt Orange cotton (Best Quilters)
- Leaf pattern in red/orange/gold (Keepsake Calico)
- Green grosgrain ribbon with side stitch (Offray)


It was a lot of fun...Now i gotta make 4 more :-P
I'll probably post my project on how I'll be decorating them, so you'll see this bag again.




Special thanks to Happythings for the tut!

No comments:

Post a Comment