Saturday, August 14, 2010

{ PhancyFace: Body Products }

Been busy trying out different recipes for the favors I'm giving at Aja's Bridal Shower in September!

My first couple of batches were...well, gross. The Bath Salts smelled funny (used "Lavender Breeze" instead of  "Lavender") and they kept clumping. The Sugar Scrubs weren't so heavenly-smelling either. But now I have the right ingredients and the right proportions! *yay*

I wanted to use as much all natural ingredients as possible, and went on a hunt all over Milwaukee to find the goods. Here's how they came out - lookie lookie down there :)

[brown sugar scrub and lavender bath salt bridal shower favors]

  • Lavender Bath Salts: Mineral Salt, Dead Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Dendritic Salt, Sodium Bicarb, Lavender Essential Oil, colorant (blue)
  • Brown Sugar Body Scrub: Brown sugar, White Cane Sugar, Grapeseed oil, Vitamin E, coffee grinds
    • Other trials included the following:
      • Vanilla extract: Very strong alcohol smell - made me cough.
      • Olive oil: Ehh... not a particularly attractive smell
  • Oatmeal and Rosemary Goat Milk Soap: Goat Milk Soap, Oatmeal, fresh Rosemary, Rosemary Essential Oil
    • Simple combination for a great soap. It exfoliates and leaves my skin soft and fragrant. Love it!

So now I've got to get everything together for the ladies - the list keeps growing! I might have to change to smaller jars, so that I can lug them all to SF.

---------
On a side note...my "PhancyThings" product line is definitely growing. [see original post]
I might even make a new name for my "skincare" line (hehe). Maybe PhancyFace & Body or PhancySpa or Phancy...oh who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment